Admission & Application:
Children are evaluated on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parents' educational philosophy is compatible with that of Montessori Community School. The admissions process consists of a parent tour, submission of an application form and non-refundable application fee. Students may be invited to spend time in the classroom to determine readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori environment. In cases where classrooms are full, the child's name will be placed on a wait list. The Montessori Community School welcomes all qualified individuals regardless of sex, race, religion, color, national/ethnic origin.
To apply for admission:
- Contact the admissions office to arrange for a tour (adults only please).
- Submit a completed application form and a non-refundable $50 application fee to the admissions office.
- Parents or Guardians will be contacted to arrange for a time to meet with administration. This meeting is an opportunity to make sure that we share a common view of the purpose of education, that parents have an accurate understanding of Montessori education and reasonable expectations of our school, and that all adults involved can work together in support of the child. The interview is an excellent time for you to ask any additional questions you may have about our school as well as to ensure that there is a good match between your family and the Montessori environment.
- Your child may be invited to spend time in the classroom to determine readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori environment.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive the enrollment packet which will need to be competed and returned with the $600 non-refundable commitment fee. ($400 of this fee will be applied toward the annual tuition should your child be enrolled for the entire school year).
- (Elementary & Middle School applications only) Submit one of the Teacher Recommendation forms to your child's most recent teacher. Submit the Adult Leader Recommendation form to another adult your child is involved with such as a coach, scout leader, music instructor, etc. We must receive the two recommendation forms in order for your application to be complete and to continue the application process.